APM board connections
APM 2.5 board connection points.
1. Outputs and Inputs
- Common negative-rail (pins closest to edge “-”) provides a negative path to complete power and signal circuits
- Separate positive-rails (central pins “+”) for low-level power distribution
- Individual sensor/signal pins (inner pins “S”) output control signals to motor-ESCs and take-in RC input signals from the Rx
2. Micro USB
- Direct connection to a computer
3. Power Module
- Provides power input and battery monitoring capability
4. 3DR Radio
- Two-way wireless telemetry and control
- Input from GPS receiver (Rx)
6. Analog I/O
- Common negative-rail (outer “-”) shared with Inputs and Outputs
- Positive-rail (center “+”) is connected with the positive rail on the Inputs
- Individual signal pins (inner “S”) connect with servos and sensors
7. I2C connection.
- Inter-Integrated Circuit, a type of serial bus. This allows multiple peripheral devices to be connected with a single port
- Connects the positive-rail of the Outputs to the positive-rails of the Inputs-Analog (details)
9. Optional I/O ports
- Anti-vibration techniques, methods and “tuning” are covered in greater detail in the Anti-Vibration section of the Wiki: (Here!)
- A 3/4″ inch square Kyosho Zeal Gel or Moon Gel pad under each corner of the flight controller, lightly secured by a Velcro strap with 1/2″ of foam under it will normally provide sufficient vibration damping.
- Compensation for Magnetometer interference from the motors is covered: (Here!)
APM 2.5 Exploding Graphic and Detailed description of Options
Select this Link For a look inside the case and a detailed description of options.
Questions about this page? Comments? Suggestions? Post to APM Forum! Use the platform specific to your query, and make sure to include the name of the page you are referring to.